A new version of ISO/IEC 27001 has just been published. It addresses improved digital trust and cypersecurity challenges.
Cybercrime severity is growing as hackers develop their cybercrime methods. The World Economic Forum’s Global Cybersecurity Outlook report report showed cyber-attacks increased 125 % in 2021; and a spike through 2022. ISO 27001 management system professionals must take a strategic approach to cyber-risks.
Here’s how to protect your assets.
“Amid the Fourth Industrial Revolution, systemic interdependence creates both downside costs of cyber-risk and holds a much greater upside value,” says Andreas Wolf, who leads the group of experts responsible for the standard. “The organizations that will lead us into the digital future are those that are not only vulnerable enough to admit they can’t do it alone, but are also confident and savvy enough to realize that it’s better for businesses to not even attempt it.”
To address these cybersecurity challenges, organizations must enhance their resilience and implement cyber threat mitigation efforts. Here’s how ISO/IEC 27001 will benefit your organization:
- Secure information in all forms, including paper-based, cloud-based and digital data
- Increase resilience to cyber-attacks
- Provide a centrally managed framework that secures all information in one place
- Ensure organization-wide protection, including against technology-based risks and other threats
- Respond to evolving security threats
- Reduce costs and spending on ineffective defence technology
- Protect the integrity, confidentiality and availability of data
Organizations that adopt cyber resilience quickly emerge as leaders in their industry.
Organizations that adopt cyber resilience through confident vulnerability quickly emerge as leaders in their industry and set the standard for their ecosystem. The holistic approach of ISO/IEC 27001 means that the entire organization is covered, not just IT. People, technology and processes all benefit.
When you use ISO/IEC 27001, you demonstrate to stakeholders and customers that you are committed to managing information securely and safely. It’s a great way to promote your organization, celebrate your achievements and prove that you can be trusted.