Brandon Kerkstra and his seasoned staff have given keynote addresses and motivational speeches before trade organizations, conferences and industry groups on topics including:
- Exceptional customer service
- Excelling at manufacturing or service quality
- Team building and communications for success
- Capitalizing on diversity
- Conflict management and resolution
- Using the quality tools of today to compete in the future
- Capitalizing on continuous improvement
- Launching programs and saving money
Any of these presentations can be modified to meet the needs of a particular organization.
MSG provides on-site training and coaching to develop management and leadership skills by using some of the most effective tools in industry, including:
- DiSC® Behavior Profiles
- Customer Coaching sessions
- Team Building Workshops
- DiSC® Time Mastery Profile Workshops
In the course of its experience with dozens of small companies, MSG has developed a body of solid, practical advice that top management can use to take their organizations to the next level. Depending on the needs of the client, MSG may emphasize the softer skills of running a business, such as team building, constructive criticism, effective communication techniques, and conflict management and resolution.
MSG can serve as Quality Manager for a company that does not have a person currently serving that function or when the company isn’t large enough to justify a full-time Quality Manager.
MSG can fill the gap by providing an experienced staff member to assist with:
- Interpreting Customer Specification and relating them to Job Instructions
- Assisting with the APQP/PPAP process
- Setting up manufacturing processes, error proofing, and inspection gauges
- Handling Corrective Actions and 8Ds
- Maintaining calibration programs
- Creating inspection programs, instructions and fixtures
- Developing robust procedures for supplier and receiving functions
MSG can serve as a Management Representative prior to a surveillance audit to implement your internal audit requirements, complete internal audits, and review procedures and customer requirements.
Depending on the needs of the client, an MSG staff member can act as Management Representative from one day per week to one day per month. Companies often will engage MSG as the Management Representative when they discover their internal Management Representatives are overloaded with work that is considered more critical than the surveillance audit or when internal staff are not yet experienced enough to fulfill the role. We use the Management Representative function as an opportunity to train internal personnel to take over these responsibilities.
MSG conducts ongoing internal audits for companies nationwide that want to supplement the work of their regular staffs and raise the bar on their auditing procedures.
Many of these companies have noted dramatic improvement in the value of their internal audits, reduction of internal costs due to interruptions, and improvement in the results of registrar surveillance audits.
Because it serves as an impartial auditor, MSG often sidesteps the initial problems that occur when an employee of one department bristles at the criticism leveled by the employee of another department who has been designated as an internal auditor. While companies must develop a sustainable system of internal audits by employees, MSG can lead the way in facilitating the fine art of constructive criticism.
In addition to on-site training, MSG offers classes through The Employers Association in Grand Rapids on quality and program management topics. For a current listing of class offerings, please visit www.teagr.org
- Emailed Newsletter (TS Process Mapping, Internal Audits, & Conflict Management)
- Emailed Newsletter (Process Interaction Diagrams, Reinventing your Job (DiSC))
- Emailed Newsletter (ISO 14001: 2004 Updates and Advice)
- ISO 14001 ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- TS 16949 Reducing Paperwork With Process Maps (Power Point Presentation from QEI 2005 in PDF format)
More information on our blog: http://managementsolutionsgroup.blogspot.com/
MSG offers workshops on-site to train company employees in internal auditor functions, process mapping, APQP/FMEA, PPAP, SPC, and other aspects of quality and process management. A current listing of workshops and the approximate length of training includes:
| Workshop Title
|IATF 16949: 2016 Internal Auditor Training
Including Customer Specifics (Designed to meet OEM Customer Specifics Requirements)
|IATF 16949: 2016 Upgrade Workshop
|IATF 16949: 2016 Process Mapping Workshop
|IATF 16949: 2016 Internal Auditor update
||1 - 2 days
|APQP / FMEA for Tooling & Equipment Suppliers
|Corrective Action & Problem Solving Workshop
||1 & 2-day
|ISO 14001 Implementation Starter Package
|ISO 14001 Aspects & Impacts
|ISO 9000: 2015 Overview
|Time Management & Communication Workshop
||1/2 to 1-day
We also offer update, refresher, and customized workshops on the above courses.
Project Management Process & Product Development Process Training and Consulting
We assist companies in implementing and improving project development and management processes based on
- APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning)
- CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integrated)
- SPICE & Automotive SPICE (Based on ISO 15504)
- PMBOK® (Project Management Body of Knowledge)
- PMBOK® Automotive Supplement
MSG has extensive experience in instructing company personnel in the practical applications of these quality and process management tools, using real-life situations for examples. Further, MSG develops internal procedures and processes to ensure that employees across all departments and at all appropriate levels participate in project management so critical steps are not eliminated during project launch.
MSG is proud to say that every company that the firm has helped to prepare for its registrar’s auditing has achieved registration and certification. This 100% success rate is built on a clear understanding of what registrars require and what clients can accomplish practically. With the help of MSG, companies have received initial registrations and certifications that they conform to:
- ISO 9001
- AS 9100
- IATF 16949
- ISO 13485
- ISO 14001
- ISO 17025
- CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integrated)
- SPICE (Automotive SPICE Based on ISO 15504)
MSG believes that it owes its outstanding record to the fact that its staff has extensive auditing experience and it customizes services to fit the needs of the clients instead of pursuing a "cookie-cutter" approach with canned packages.
Depending on the scope of the work, MSG offers special implementation packages for small companies to ensure compliance within a focused budget.